Vickery Bros. is an independent supplier of fertiliser to farmers in Western Victoria and the South East of South Australia. Vickery Bros. offer a "Port to Paddock" service where all of your fertiliser requirements are managed by the one company, all the way from sales to spreading.
Vickery Bros. was established in 1948 when two brothers, Alan and Jack Vickery, purchased their first truck with the aim of spreading fertiliser on the rolling hills around Coleraine, Victoria. All the superphosphate was brought in by rail to numerous railway sidings and delivered on farm by the Vickery Bros. fleet of five spreader trucks and two semi tippers. It was always a race to beat the winter rains and get the superphosphate spread before it became too wet.
Alan Vickery’s son Geoff joined the company in 1978 as a young spreader driver. Geoff worked quickly in developing Vickery Bros. into the dynamic company that it is today. Geoff's first change was to modernise the fleet of spreader trucks with the addition of 4 Wheel Drive, this upgrade extended the spreading season into winter and spring as more farmers began topdressing nitrogen.
In the 1990's Geoff Vickery started expanding the company geographically and has now built a network of six fertiliser depots located in Western Victoria and South Eastern South Australia.
Fast forward to 2015 and Vickery Bros. are now the largest vertically integrated fertiliser distributor in Australia servicing a wide range of farming clients.